Attention Pressero Customers: Important Update to Ensure a Safer Online Experience
Important changes are coming to your Pressero subscription that requires you take action. At Aleyant, we continuously strive to enhance our products and services to provide you with the best online experience possible. Today, we are excited to share an important change that will significantly improve the security of storefronts across the Pressero platform.
In our commitment to ensuring a safer web environment, we will be implementing a mandatory switch to Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificates for all your sites hosted with us. This change will take effect from September 30, and we are here to guide you through the process to make it as seamless as possible.
Why SSL Certificates Are Crucial:
SSL certificates play a crucial role in securing online communication between a user’s browser and your website’s server. Here’s why SSL certificates are essential for the web and your general security:
- Data Encryption: SSL certificates encrypt data transmitted between users and your storefront. This encryption ensures that sensitive information, such as personal data, login credentials, and payment details, remain confidential and cannot be intercepted by malicious entities.
- Trust and Credibility: A site with a SSL certificate displays a padlock icon in the address bar, indicating a secure connection. This not only boosts user confidence but also prevents potential visitors from seeing warning messages that may deter them from accessing your site.
- Search Engine Ranking: Major search engines, including Google, prioritize secure websites in their search results. Having an SSL certificate can positively impact your search engine rankings and increase your online visibility.
- Protection Against Cyber Attacks: SSL certificates help protect your storefront and your visitors from various cyber threats, such as man-in-the-middle attacks, data breaches, and phishing attempts.
- Compliance: Many data protection regulations and privacy laws, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), require the use of SSL certificates to protect user data and maintain compliance.
Transitioning to a Secure Future:
To ensure a smooth transition, we are asking that you secure your existing sites before the implementation date. Additionally, to uphold the highest security standards, we will no longer allow the creation of new unsecured sites after August 30. Rest assured, we are committed to guiding you through the process and providing all necessary support.
What You Need to Do:
1. Update Your Website: If your storefront currently does not have an SSL certificate, be sure to navigate to the Domains tab of your site, and click the lock icon so it turns “green” instead of yellow. This process is hassle-free and requires minimal effort on your part.
Be aware that if you are using a custom domain (and not a temporary-base domain), the deployment of the security certificate may take time (up to 48 hours). If you do not see a certificate deployed within 48 hours, please immediately contact our support team at https://support.aleyant.com.
The recommended time to implement the change to secure your sites would be on a Friday afternoon after business hours. This allows the security certificate to be deployed over the weekend, so it’s ready for business on Monday morning.
If you operate 24 hours a day, we recommend placing a message on your site using one of the “instructions” functions in Pressero Admin to notify customers of an upcoming maintenance period where the site will be going through maintenance, to allow the certificate to be deployed, and then choosing a time with the lowest traffic to take this action. If you need assistance with this, please open a ticket with our support team, at https://support.aleyant.com.
For more info, please use this Knowledgebase Resource to help guide you further:
2. Check Internal & External Links: Ensure that all manually created internal links on your storefronts point to the “https://” version to maintain a secure connection throughout your site.
3. Inform Visitors: Inform your visitors and customers about this positive change to your website’s security and assure them that their data is in safe hands. Be sure to inform them to update any saved bookmarks as well. We wanted to give you as much time as possible to communicate the changes to your customers as well to minimize confusion.
If the following other situations apply to you, please read on:
4. Rules in AWI need to be reviewed if the Rule Type used is doing a Site Name/URL match, or a Product Name/URL match.
5. Integrations utilizing the API need to be reviewed to accommodate this change.
6. SSO configurations typically require sites be secure, but just in case, please review your configurations for sites that are not secured.
For more information on configuring SSO, please see this link:
7. CXML configurations also typically require sites be secure, but just in case, please review your configurations for sites that are not secured.
For more information on configuring cXML, please see this link:
8. Products that use Open Frame need to be reviewed for various URLs used on the 3rd party solution, including the postback URL.
For any questions or assistance with the SSL certificate setup, please feel free to reach out to our support team at https://support.aleyant.com. Our team will be happy to address your concerns and make this transition as seamless as possible.
If you have a large quantity of sites and would like us to bulk transition them to secure status, please open a ticket with our support team, and we will coordinate timing with you.
Thank you for your continued trust and support. We are excited about this significant step towards a safer web environment, and we look forward to providing you with enhanced security and peace of mind.