New PayPal Payment Method Released for Pressero Available on 1/10/22
Aleyant is excited to announce PayPal as a new payment method for Pressero, available on 1/10/22.
PayPal Checkout is a secure, all-in-one payments solution for your business. This new payment method offers payment types, including PayPal, credit and debit cards, and local payment methods. It helps enable growth into new markets and offers a seamless checkout experience. In addition, this release offers Pay Later options, including PayPal Pay in 4* and PayPal Credit** to your customers at no additional cost to your business. Pay Later allows your customers to pay over time while you get paid up front.
The new payment method will require Pressero customers to have a PayPal business account.
For Pressero customers with existing PayPal payment methods – “PayFlow Pro Hosted” and “PayPal – Website Payments Standard” – these will continue to work. However, with this release, Pressero customers will no longer be able to create new payment methods using PayFlow Pro Hosted or PayPal – Website Payments Standard. If you subscribe to these services through PayPal, you will still be able to use them, but going forward you won’t have different sets of instructions on how to configure them depending on which PayPal service you use. It’s one set of instructions going forward.
The PayPal payment method is live now on Pressero.
How to Set Up the New PayPal Payment Method in Pressero
You will need a PayPal business account to complete this process. If you do not have one set up, you will have the opportunity to set it up during this process.
To Set Up PayPal in Pressero:
• Go to Admin > Preferences > Payment Methods, click +Add New, then select PayPal in the Method Type drop-down.
• Name the method by entering the name by which you want to refer to this method in the Name field, then click the Save button.
• Notice “Authentication Required” (in red) in the Status column below. Click the pencil icon to the left of the name.
• Click the Connect with PayPal button to begin the authentication process.
• Click the Connect with PayPal button to open a window to connect to your PayPal business account and set it up to receive payments.
IMPORTANT: Follow the prompts to revise your current PayPal business account to accept payments or set up a new PayPal business account. The prompts vary by country; the documentation shows examples of the types of screens you may see.
• When you return to Pressero, note that the status is “Authenticated” in the Status column.
• If you go to Sites > [Select Site] > Settings > Payments tab, notice that you can “turn on” this method in the site by clicking the box next to the payment method name.
Go to Ch. 18. Payment Methods for complete instructions.
*About Pay in 4: Loans to California residents are made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lenders Law License. PayPal, Inc. is a Georgia Installment Lender Licensee, NMLS #910457.
**Subject to Consumer Credit Approval