Investment targeted at enhancing Tucanna product line, integration with Aleyant products
November 19, 2014. Wheaton, IL and Carlsbad, CA. Aleyant, an innovative leader in providing robust software services to the graphic communications industry at value-driven prices, today announced that it has made a strategic investment in Tucanna, a global developer and supplier of software solutions for the printing industry. Tucanna was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Carlsbad, California with an office in Verona, Italy.
“The goal of this strategic investment is to expand upon the partnership we announced two years ago,” said Greg Salzman, President of Aleyant. “We will be working towards an even tighter integration between our two portfolios so that together they form a complete solution. In addition, we will be making investments in enhancing both the Tucanna product line and its marketing efforts. It is a good cultural fit, since both companies pride themselves on building affordable, easy to use software solutions that streamline workflow for printing and other operations.”
Salzman points out that both Aleyant and Tucanna will continue to nurture and support the wide range of other partnerships and alliances each already has in place in workflow, web-to-print, project management and MIS. “We expect this investment, and the results of our work with Tucanna, to be additive to the value of the entire Aleyant and Tucanna community,” he adds.
“We are excited about taking our relationship with Aleyant to the next level,” said Darrian Young of Tucanna Software & Development. “Over the past couple of years, we have established a good working relationship and brought additional benefits to our mutual customer base. This strengthening of the relationship will serve to make that even better, and to open up new business opportunities for both of us.”
The end result of integration efforts between Aleyant and Tucanna portfolios is expected to be a full suite of software solutions for digital, offset, large format and flexo printing businesses.
The Tucanna tFlow Workflow series offers a full production automation and online collaboration suite consisting of two key modules.
- tFLOW Approval is an all-in-one job submission collaboration and project management solution that includes a real-time dashboard view of job status, comments and annotations, user load and capacity. Its robust automated preflighting ensures that problems are resolved long before they enter the production process. Adobe InDesign and Illustrator plugins make job creation and delivery fast and simple.
- tFLOW Production offers a simple and flexible automation process for error-free prepress and production. Automated file repurposing optimizes files for different printing conditions and technologies. tFLOW Production includes an Adobe CS Connector. Centralized color management allows management of all color options from a single window.
The Tucanna ColorPro series includes:
- PrintControlPro for intuitive color standards compliance, print curve compensation and optimization, and automatic classification of substrates within a robust substrate library. PrintControlPro’s knowledge base places all relevant print and standardization information at your fingertips.
- RapidCheck offers simple reporting, troubleshooting advice, job comparison and trending information to keep print quality up to the highest standards, quickly and efficiently. The perfect companion for packaging applications, RapidCheck allows import of CxF data and comparison against Pantone color standards for high quality production of spot colors.
- QualityControl works with X-Rite’s i1Pro and i1Pro 2, adding performance capabilities typically only available in higher priced spectrophotometers, minimizing the number and type of spectrophotometers needed for monitoring exceptional quality. With QualityControl and the iPro2, take advantage of spectrophotometry, densitometry and colorimetry through a single interface and using one affordable instrument.
Aleyant Pressero™ is an affordable and easy-to-use cloud-based B2B or B2C online storefront solution that can quickly and easily be customized to individual client needs. This includes ‘mobile-first’ design for branded sites to ensure proper display regardless of the viewing device being used. Pressero can be enhanced with the addition of Aleyant eDocBuilder™, a web-based variable data publishing system built specifically to easily integrate into Aleyant or third-party web-to-print or MIS solutions features advanced typography control, imposition, scripting support, PDF workflows, rapid template creation, Excel merge capabilities and more. Aleyant’s Automated Workflow Integrator™ (AWI) uses a rules-based approach to automate such processes as file renaming, unzipping zipped files, or sending files and metadata directly to a RIP for processing, eliminating multiple manual steps in the workflow.
Aleyant Print Job Manager is an entry level cloud-based print job management solution that includes a fast means of generating market-driven pricing, job management, inventory control, planning and estimating. It will be launched to the marketplace in the first quarter of 2015.
For more information about Aleyant offerings, please visit www.Aleyant.com or call +1.630.929.0104. For more information about Tucanna visit www.Tucanna.com.
Founded in 2005, Aleyant is an innovative leader in providing robust software services to the graphic communications industry at value-driven prices. Their expertise lies in developing highly functional and flexible applications using the most current Web development technologies available, including workflow aimed at lights-out automation. Their flagship web-to-print software, Pressero, is a highly customizable retail and business-to-business storefront interface and has launched many of their clients into the exciting world of Internet-based print sales. Aleyant also offers their Web-based online design and variable data publishing (VDP) system, eDocBuilder, as a separate product, and it is now integrated into multiple MIS and web-to-print systems.