I recently received a customer call about a special report his customer wanted. The requirements were fairly obscure… something that no one else would probably ever want. But this got me thinking… wouldn’t a flexible reporting tool be helpful? I’m happy to say we now have a flexible report writer available in Pressero. You can find it the “Data & Reports” menu in the administrative application.
1) Select the dates for orders you want to view.
2) Use the pull-down menu to select the columns to appear in the report and click the Refresh button. As you can tell, there are a lot of fields to choose from.
3) In most of the columns in the grid of data, you can filter down to data fitting certain criteria. Enter some text in the header of the column, then click the filter icon to select which type of column filter to use. Note you can filter as many columns as needed.
4) You can change the order of the columns by clicking and dragging the column headers. You can also change the sort order by clicking directly on the column name.
5) Group columns by dragging the column header up to the top of the grid of data. For example, I might want to group orders by year, month, and day.
6) When finished, you can easily export your report in to Excel or CSV format by clicking the icons in the upper right hand corner of the grid area.