Surface Wrap Tool Now Available for Aleyant eDocBuilder™
August 12, 2016||Web to Print Solutions
We are thrilled to announce that the Surface Wrap tool for eDocBuilder is now available.
Surface Wrap enables subscribers to set up a template that will deliver a preview of the final object in context. For example, instead of customers simply viewing a finished wine bottle label, the subscriber can choose to have the label viewed as it would appear on the bottle. Almost as great as the feature itself, you create your Surface Wrap preview using Photoshop Smart Objects, a tool you may already be familiar with.
There are two main steps to create a Surface Wrap preview on a template. First a Photoshop file is created using Smart Objects and then that Photoshop file is uploaded to the template in eDocBuilder.
First, select an image you would like to display for your product. Open that image in Photoshop.
- Go to File > Place Embedded
- Select your master pdf file and click Place. For multi-page files you will need to place each page 1 at a time.
- Double click the embedded image.
- With the embedded image layer selected go to Layer > Smart Objects > Convert to Smart Object
- Go to Edit > Transform > Select which transform options you need to match the Smart Object to the shape it should be on the image.
- Rename the Smart Object layer to the page number (digit only). So page one would have the Smart Object layer named “1” without quotes.
- Once you are done setting up the Photoshop file, save it as a .psd file.
For some other great ideas, add a layer above the image for more realistic effects such as glare, or putting it behind a frame. Or try placing the same Smart Object multiple times in the image, to show a fanned out stack of business cards all of the same card.
Surface Wrap can be added to any existing template or created with a new template. To do this:
- Edit the template needed.
- On the Assets tab below the last Image Picker Group, there is a section for Surface Wrap, click the arrow to expand it.
- In this section there is a file upload, upload the .psd file created above.
- After uploading it you will see a thumbnail of the file.
- Click into Field Setup and click Commit Changes
- The Surface Wrap is now setup for the template.
For more information on how to use Surface Wrap, view here.
If you would like to get pricing or find out how to add this great new tool to your eDocBuilder account, please contact your sales representative at 800-571-2138.
Want to see it in action? Aleyant will be demonstrating this new capability at SGIA in Las Vegas September 14 – 16, as well as at GraphExpo in Orlando, September 25 – 28. Come visit our booth and ask for a demo!