The Aleyant eDocBuilder™ web-to-print design template software can create two different types of templates, form-based and Interactive Designer.
Two Types of Design Templates
- Form-Based: Form-based templates are often used with B2B (private, corporate) storefronts where the client wants branding protection with users being limited to entering text and images. Placement of text and images is fixed and unmovable. Text and images cannot be added outside the preset fields. Font family, size, color, alignment, and layering are predetermined and built into the template rules. Form-based templates are also capable of sophisticated variable data merging, number sequencing, barcode generation, automatic text case reformatting, automatic phone number reformatting, and auto-population of fields based on a selection from a pull-down menu. The proof is updated by clicking a button.
- Interactive Designer: Interactive Designer templates are often used with B2C (retail) storefront. They allow the customer the freedom to move graphics and text, rotate them, change font family, size, color, alignment, and layering. Text and images can be added anywhere. Auto-population of a field based on a selection from a pull-down menu is supported. The proof updates automatically. Data merging, number sequencing, barcode generation, automatic text case reformatting, automatic phone number reformatting are not supported.
Basic Business Card
This business card design template uses the standard, forms-based eDocBuilder approach. It shows a number of capabilities.
Form-Based, One-Sided Business Card: Featuring
- Auto-Populate: Drop down list at the top can auto-populate field inputs for the entire template, including images.
- Image Upload & Crop: User can upload and crop an image to the aspect ratio defined in the template.
- Drop Down List: By selecting the address, multiple lines of text in the template are changed.
- Text Logic: Removing the phone extension will also remove the preceding “, Ext: “. Removing the fax number will remove the preceding “Fax:” and close up the resulting blank line.
- Image Picker: User can select from predefined list of images.
Interactive Business Card
This business card design template is a simple example of eDocBuilder’s interactive designer.
Interactive Designer, Two-Sided Business Card: Featuring
- Multiple Pages: Use the page selector below the card, indicated by thumbnail images of the pages.
- Field rules: Field rules are useful in limiting the functionality on a per field basis throughout the template. As an example the “Website Url” field on the first page cannot be rotated.
- Text Picker: To see how a text picker functions select the “Website Address” field on the second page.
- Add Text and Images: With the “Add Image” and “Add Text” buttons at the top of the template users can add any number of images or text areas.